Organising your own fundraising event for CCLG is a great way to have fun with family or friends, at work or in the local community. Don't forget to get in touch to let us know what you're planning - and let us know if we can help in any way!
Choose your fundraising event
From coffee mornings to sports tournaments, sponsored walks to a gala ball, there are lots of ways to have some fun and raise much needed funds for CCLG.
Keep it simple! Pick something you enjoy doing, or have experience of. Ask friends, family or colleagues what they think about your idea.
Read how some of our supporters have raised funds
Order a free fundraising pack
Paying in your fundraising money
Aim to raise at least three times as much as you spend. Draw up a simple budget and stick to it! Work out what things will cost and ask for a charity discount or a donation from your suppliers. If you don't ask, you won't get!
Planning your fundraising event
Even the simplest activities need some planning and preparation. Organising your own event can be challenging, but it should also be fun!
- Think about who you will be inviting to your event, and how you will do it.
- Don't be afraid to ask for help. Use people's skills!
- Choose a date and allow time to organise your activity. Weekends are usually best, but Fridays are good if you're fundraising at work.
- Try to avoid clashes with any major events, like big sports games.
- Write a plan and keep it updated.
Think about the kind of space and facilities you'll need to suit the number of people. Book your venue in plenty of time and mention that your event is for charity. Often you'll be able to pay less or get it for free.
Next: promoting your event