The CCLG Summer Education Meeting will include a call for abstracts and the inclusion of a poster session for trainees, nurses and allied health professionals. Oral presentations and posters present an excellent opportunity to stimulate debate, raise issues or highlight quality work being carried out by teams or individuals.
We invite participants to submit abstracts to the CCLG Summer Education Meeting. Submissions may be material that has previously been presented elsewhere. They do not have to be ‘cutting edge’ research. We are particularly keen to receive submissions about ‘interesting’ clinical case presentations, which may illustrate an unusual feature of a disease, a novel treatment, or a rare complication.
Deadline for submissions: Monday 8 May 2017, 9.00am
Review of abstracts submitted will be carried out by the CCLG Meetings Subgroup or CCLG Executive. Scoring of abstracts will be on the basis of: content, originality of work and clinical or scientific relevance.
Abstracts may be selected for oral or poster presentation and candidates will be notified by Friday 26 May 2017.
The posters will be displayed in a prominent position during the meeting with time allocated for viewing and discussion of the posters.
Note: Authors are expected to register for the meeting and to be available during the poster viewing session
A prize may be awarded at the meeting for best abstract(s).
CCLG Summer Meeting Abstract Submission Guidelines
If you would like to submit an abstract, please ensure that you adhere to the following:
- The abstract should be typed in Times New Roman 12 point font, and be no longer than one side of A4.
- Ensure the title is given in capital letters.
- List the authors below the title.
- Include host institution of authors: do not include the full postal address.
- The abstract must be no more than 250 words. Tables and references should not be included. Word count will be closely scrutinised.
- Ensure the abstract includes: background, aims, methods, results and relevance (clinical or scientific).
- Deadline for submission is Monday 8 May 2017, 9.00am. Abstracts received after this date/time will not be accepted.
- Abstracts must be submitted by email, in word format, to Sue Thornton, CCLG Membership Officer email@example.com
Review of submitted abstracts:
- Review of abstracts submitted will be carried out by the CCLG Meetings Subgroup or CCLG Executive.
- Notification of acceptance will be by email by Friday 26 May 2017.
- For any abstracts selected for oral presentation, candidates will be notified of time allocated and this must be strictly adhered to.
- Posters can be up to A1 size (594 mm x 841 mm) – in portrait layout.
- All abstracts will be compiled into an abstract book, which will be available at the meeting, and included subsequently on the CCLG website.
If you have any queries about abstract submission, please contact Sue Thornton