The UK Childhood Cancer Conference brings together paediatric oncology researchers, world-leading experts, allied health professionals working in the field of paediatric oncology, support groups, children’s cancer charities and most importantly parents of children affected by childhood cancer.
Organised jointly by CCLG and Bethany's Wish, the UK Wilms' Tumour Charity, the aim of the conference is to provide a unique platform for parents and researchers to come together to find out about the latest research into childhood cancer.
The conference aims to:
- Involve parents in the most innovative and up-to-date paediatric oncology research findings
- Provide professionals with the opportunity to network, collaborate and view oncology research from a parent's perspective
- Help formulate a national strategy targeting issues and inequalities in childhood cancer research
- Draw attention to the issues that prevent more effective treatments and better outcomes for children
- Raise awareness of childhood cancer
"This has been a wonderful meeting of professionals and parents – very refreshing and I leave today with a great deal to think about and to share with friends and colleagues."
2014 Conference Participant
UK Childhood Cancer Conference website